Contact Us

For additional questions or information on the following topics, please contact the agency contacts listed below:

Illinois Department of Natural Resources 
Chris Young, (217) 557-1240,

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Lynne Whelan, (312) 846-5330,

U.S. Coast Guard 
Lt. Davey Connor, (216) 902-6021,

U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Peter Cassell, (312) 886-6234,

U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Katie Steiger-Meister, (612) 713-5317,

U.S. Geological Survey
Sandra Morrison, (734) 214-9393,

U.S. Maritime Administration
Kim Riddle, (202) 366-5067, 

Great Lakes Fishery Commission
Marc Gaden, (734) 662-3209  x 14,

Fisheries and Oceans Canada
Becky Cudmore (905) 336-4474


What happens if I find an Asian carp?

Do not release the fish back into the water. If you catch or find an Asian carp in the Great Lakes or any of its tributaries, freeze the fish in a sealed plastic bag, note the date and location, and call your state or provincial natural resource agency. Note: if you are in Illinois on the Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal, the above instructions pertain to any Asian carp found above the electric barrier.

• Department of Natural Resources, Division of Fisheries at (217) 785-4501

• Department of Natural Resources, Division of Fish and Wildlife at (317) 234-3883

• Department of Natural Resources, Fisheries Division at (517) 284-5830 or,4570,7-153-10364_52261_54896-246818--,00.html

• Department of Natural Resources at (651) 259-5131

New York:
• Department of Environmental Conservation at (518) 402-8894

• Department of Natural Resources at (614) 265-6346 or

• Department of Environmental Protection at (814) 217-9636

• Department of Natural Resources, Division of Water at (262) 574-2149

• Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry/Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters - Invading Species Awareness Program Hotline at 1-800-563-7711 or