Asian Carp Response in the Midwest
Communication Tools and Resources
- Central online forum for informing the public on ACRCC actions and resources. Agency Lead: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
- Asian Carp Website – Canada
- A Canadian Asian carp website will be developed to complement the American Asian carp website, AsianCarp.us. Agency Lead: Fisheries and Oceans Canada.
- ACRCC Asian Carp Communications Work Group
- Outreach to Illinois Bait Shops
- Engagement of bait shops to ensure no Asian carps, or other potential nuisance species or disease, is occurring at bait shops. Agency Lead: Illinois Department of Natural Resources.
- Asian Carp Identification Videos
- Ecological Separation: Public Awareness and Education – Online Curriculum
- Asian Carp Exploration: a Great Lakes invasive species challenge, an online curriculum for 7th to 9th graders, offers independent learning paths that allow students to study the Asian carp issue from the perspective of multiple stakeholders. The curriculum achieves STEM standards and allows students to use their critical thinking skills to develop solutions to a real world problem of invasive species. Agency Leads: Shedd Aquarium and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Ecological Separation: Public Awareness and Education – Asian Carp Video Suite
- The High Stakes of the Great Lakes is a three-part video series that explores the Asian carp threat and potential solutions to keep them out of the Great Lakes. Agency Leads: Shedd Aquarium and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Control Tools and Technology Communications
- Communicate information about new control tools and technologies to managers and stakeholders through on-site field demonstrations, production of publications, video or other methods. Agency Lead: U.S. Geological Survey